Thursday, November 03, 2005

Walking Beats Driving



O what a beautiful autumn day in Southern Maine! Heard they were having some snow up north, but, no matter, Bea and I got to enjoy a lovely walk with our pals, Pam and Wiggy - we strapped the girls on our backs and headed down to the natural foods store via Deering Oaks Park. Leaves were blowing around and Pam had brought along some stale bread for us to throw to the squirrels. The squirrels in Deering Oaks are bold - they'll eat out of your hand if you're so inclined; I am not.



We used to come to this wading pool last summer - had a real Central Park feel - folks from lots of different places bringing their kids to splash around in some freezing water, hooting and hollering on a hot summer day - looks a lot different now.




Abandoned doll parts always make me a little sad. I found this treasure on our walk back to Pam's.

1 comment:

aimntra said...

"I am doll parts
Bad skin, doll heart
It stands for knife
For the rest of my life
Yeah, they really want you, they really want you, they really do
Yeah, they really want you, they really want you, but I do, too
I want to be the girl with the most cake"